If you want your titles considered for the three California
Collections, please send two hardcover review copies to: California Readers,
P.O. Box 33225, Granada Hills, CA 91394
CALIFORNIA COLLECTIONS COMMITTEE:
Candy Dardarian, Elementary Chair: Rochelle Arsenault, Penny Brown, Karla Forbes, Stephanie Forbes, Karen Morgenstern
Fran Oberman, Middle School Chair: Mark Bobrosky, Najma Hussain
Laura Graff, High School Chair: Nina Pashley, Nancy Reich, Tammie Celi
Bonnie O'Brian, Coordinator; Candy Cardarian California Collections Committee Chair
You can purchase most of the books in the 2012 California Collections from Mrs. Nelson's Library Services
Elementary (99 books): $1,395.49 Middle School (98 books): $1,678.46 High School (100 books): $2,174.39 (without tax or processing)
You can purchase most of the books in the 2012 California Collections from PermaBound Books
Elementary (94 books): $1,647.98 Middle School (99 books): $1,995.67 High School (93 books): $2,200.32 (without tax or processing)
There are three (3) California Collections of 100 titles each:
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- Senior High School
Criteria for selection:
- Must be written by a California author or illustrated
by a California artist.
- Meet the criteria of excellent literature.
- Provide a balanced collection from picture books
- Reflect the entire spectrum of curriculum areas
in a balanced collection.
- Focus on the diversity of California population.
- Illuminate the various California geographical areas.
- Raise awareness about issues important to California.
California Collections 2013